David Greco is a founding partner of GMGM. He has been a trial lawyer since 1995. Mr. Greco has represented clients in all levels of the court system in the state of Michigan, ranging from the local district courts to the Michigan Supreme Court and the United States federal courts. His areas of concentration are employment law, municipal law, and personal injury law. Mr. Greco has been honored with being chosen to be listed in the prestigious publication Best Lawyers in America. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession and is based on an exhaustive and rigorous peer-review survey comprising more than 2.8 million confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded as an honor within the profession. In addition to Best Lawyers, he is also listed as one of Metro Detroit’s top lawyers by Michigan Super Lawyers, Crain’s Detroit Business and DBusiness Magazine.
In the area of employment law, Mr. Greco has successfully represented individuals and businesses in all aspects of employment litigation, including civil rights/discrimination claims, FMLA, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, wrongful discharge, whistleblower claims, sales commissions disputes, and breach of contract cases.
Mr. Greco has a particular interest in and has successfully represented both businesses and individuals in noncompete agreement litigation. These are unique contract cases that usually have a lot at stake for all those involved. It is important to have an experienced lawyer with the knowledge of the specific law applicable to these types of agreements. Mr. Greco has been very successful in these cases by focusing on the result that is in the best interests of the client and devising a specific strategy for success.
In the area of municipal law, Mr. Greco represents large and small municipalities in all aspects of litigation. He provides advice and counseling to city officials and staff and has drafted ordinances that serve to benefit the community as a whole. As a municipal prosecutor, he takes an active role in ordinance enforcement and has prosecuted cases involving dangerous buildings, nuisances, drunk driving, larceny, assault and battery, disturbing the peace, possession of drugs, and traffic offenses. He recently obtained a judgment for more than $2.1 million on behalf of one of his municipal clients against an insurance agent for misappropriating funds specifically earmarked for paying health insurance premiums for employees and retirees.
Mr. Greco handles personal injury law claims involving automobile negligence, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, construction accidents, and premises liability (slip and fall) cases. He has successfully obtained judgments and settlements on behalf of his clients ranging from hundreds of thousands of dollars to more than $4 million.
Mr. Greco is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Association for Justice, and the Downriver Bar Association. He also sits on the board of directors of the Michigan Chapter for the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, adn he also serves on the Planning Commission for the City of Novi.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- Civil Rights/Discrimination
- Personal Injury Law
- Best Lawyers in America® (2010–2013)
- DBusiness Top Lawyers (2012–2013)
- Selected for inclusion, Crain’s Detroit Business Top Lawyers (2009–2013)
- Selected for inclusion, Michigan Super Lawyers (2012–2013)
- Featured Attorney of the Month, Laches, Oakland County Bar Association (January 2002)
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers Consumer Guide (2001)
- Author, Are Non-Compete Agreements Enforceable in Michigan?, Novi News (March 3, 2011)
- Speaker, Hurley Medical Center, 2005 Terry Thomas Obstetrics & Gynecology Update, Liability Issues in OB/GYN (November 9, 2005)
- Speaker, Lansing Rotary Club, Medical Liability: A Patient’s Perspective (April 21, 2006)
- Guest, “Due Process”, WDIV-TV Channel 4, Nursing Home Negligence (January 2006)
- Author, Op-Ed Piece, Malpractice Cap Plan Is Mostly a Distraction on Health Care Costs, Detroit Free Press (March 28, 2005)
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Michigan Association for Justice
- Member, Downriver Bar Association
- Inaugural member of the board of directors of the Michigan Chapter for the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy
- Serves on the Planning Commission for the City of Novi
Fordham University, B.A., 1992
New York Law School, J.D., 1995